Thread: read an excel file

read an excel file

Check this out. this project reads an excel file and displays the contents of the worksheets in listview. worksheets are displayed as tables.

(you need to have lvbuttons installed in your system. if you dont have it. just unzip this file and copy lvbuttons and paste it in your root system directory usually system32 and register it. i hope i can be a help for others as it is for me)

now you dont need that kind of button anymore, i ediited this file and changed the button from lv to the normal button.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by d3gerald; Mar 23rd, 2006 at 08:00 PM.
    On error goto Trap

Trap:
    in case of emergency, drop the case...

If this post has been resolved. Please mark it as "Resolved" by going through the "Thread Tools" above and clicking on the "Mark Thread Resolved " option.
    if a post is helpful to you, Please Rate it by clicking on the Rate link right below the avatar

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: read an excel file

Please read this guideline regarding CodeBank attachments.

Where did you get that OCX? Do you have the source code for it? If so, include that, not the compiled file.

Thanks.

sorry but the ocx is from la volpe. its a third party ocx actually. i thought its ok coz lvbuttons can be downloaded for free from the internet. its nothing but some kind of enhanced button in vb which is capable if displaying xp style without manifest, java style, mac style and five more styles available.
    Last edited by d3gerald; Mar 23rd, 2006 at 08:03 PM.
    On error goto Trap

Trap:

If this post has been resolved. Please mark it as "Resolved" by going through the "Thread Tools" above and clicking on the "Mark Thread Resolved " option.
    if a post is helpful to you, Please Rate it by clicking on the Rate link right below the avatar

Addicted Member

Exclamation Re: read an excel file

cannot find object or library? i got error on the line "Dim tbl As ADOX.Table". do i need a reference or anything do allow this? thanks

you need to have a reference to Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.7 for DDL And Security or msadox.dll
    On error goto Trap

Trap:

Addicted Member

could u post a link of where can i download freely that DLL file? thanks!

(i've tried to download some but the links says "High Security Alert" and i can't download it)

Thanks

Search microsoft site for MDAC. ADO is included in it.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6